Theatre for everyone
Our senses of hearing and sight connect us to people, the arts, music, theatre and our environment. Theatre Conspiracy at the Alliance for the Arts is committed to providing an enjoyable theatre-going experience for all patrons. Our theatre is wheelchair accessible, and in addition, the Alliance for the Arts provides amplified audio and offers audio described performances during the select shows.
Please reserve amplified audio and audio describer headsets prior to the show. Availability is first come, first serve. Call 239-939-2787.
The Alliance for the Arts theatre is fully wheelchair accessible. Accessible seats are available for each performance, please inform the box office at the time of purchase about any special needs.
AMPLIFIED AUDIO DEVICES
We offer patrons amplified audio devices for every production. Assisted listening devices can be found in our central lobby prior to every performance.
Please call to reserve assisted listening devices. Devices are available on a first come, first serve basis.
AUDIO DESCRIBED PERFORMANCES
For theatregoers who are blind, or have moderate to severe vision loss, the Alliance will provide a specially trained describer who verbalizes what’s happening on stage during pauses in dialogue. The describer uses a headset microphone, while individuals using the service listen through a receiver with a single earpiece. Reservation of headsets is required prior to the show.
Upcoming Audio Described Performances:
- Repossessed (A World Premiere Play) by Greg Lam – Aug. 26, 2018
- Murderers by Jeffreey Hatcher – Oct. 7, 2018
- The Elephant Man by Bernard Pomerance – November 18, 2018
- The Agitators by Mat Smart – Jan. 27, 2019
- Marian, or the True Tale of Robin Hood by Adam Szymkowicz – Feb. 17, 2019
- Joe Turner’s Come and Gone by August Wilson – March 17. 2019
- Rancho Mirage by Steven Dietz – May 19, 2019
If you love the theatre, have a pleasant speaking voice, want to contribute to this project and have some time to volunteer as an audio describer, please contact Brandi Couse at email@example.com or 239-939-2787.
Learn more or reserve:
- Call: 239-939-2787 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm & Saturday, 9am – 1pm)
- Visit: 10091 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers, FL