- This event has passed.
Beginning Acrylic Painting (Ages 16+)
In this six week course students will learn the beginning fundamentals of acrylic painting through exercises in a series of still life paintings. By mixing a variety of objects of various colors and textures students will have the opportunity to discuss and learn various techniques such as glazing and alla prima (wet on wet). This class will cover color theory, color mixing, and composition while students work through the painting process.
- 3 canvases – 16×20”
- Set of acrylic paints
- 10-15 piece paint brush set (a mix of sizes including detail/small brushes)
- 2 standard drawing pencils
- Gum eraser
- Bel Medium
- Palette or paper plates
- Palette knife
- Set of small plastic containers with lids
- Book of sketch canvas paper or sketch pad for all media
- 1 or 2 sheets of tracing paper