Beginning Acrylic Painting – Opaque Techniques (Ages 16+)
In this beginners class students will learn techniques of opaque painting by creating a landscape. There will be a focus on learning values and color combinations to simulate outdoor environments. We will use techniques of both studio and plein air (outdoor, on location painting) and complete at least one finished piece of work.
NO class July 4. Still a 6 class session.
- 3 canvases – 16×20”
- Set of acrylic paints
- 10-15 piece paint brush set (a mix of sizes including detail/small brushes)
- 2 standard drawing pencils
- Gum eraser
- Bel Medium
- Palette or paper plates
- Palette knife
- Set of small plastic containers with lids
- Book of sketch canvas paper or sketch pad for all media
- 1 or 2 sheets of tracing paper