Beginning Acrylic Painting – Textures (Ages 16+)
NOTE: This class will meet twice weekly and at different times. Thursday meetings will be 6:00 – 8:00PM. Saturday meetings will be 1:00 – 3:00PM. The exact dates are Mar. 21, 23, 28, 30, Apr. 4 & 6.
Students will create a painting while learning about different acrylic gels and mediums. Student will leave the class with finished art and an understanding of acrylic painting and the use of various mediums.
- 3 canvases – 16×20”
- Set of acrylic paints
- 10-15 piece paint brush set (a mix of sizes including detail/small brushes)
- 2 standard drawing pencils
- Gum eraser
- Full bodied acrylic gel
- Palette or paper plates
- Palette knife
- Set of small plastic containers with lids
- Book of sketch canvas paper or sketch pad for all media
- 1 or 2 sheets of tracing paper