Cartooning (Ages 13 to adult)
Learn the art of cartooning with freelance comic artist and illustrator Ian Miller. Cartooning is fun, exciting, and a great way to express complex ideas such as satire, caricature, and humor. In this class Ian will lead students through basic cartooning drawing skills, character design and turnarounds, expressions and exaggeration, and the completion of a scene or comic strip with your original character. Let your imagination go wild as you create your very own cartoon!
Supply list: Supplies can be purchased from instructor for $80. If you would like to purchase, please connect with him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bristol board, pad of 20 sheets sized 11×17
- 6-Pack Faber Castell drawing pencils
- Pack of Micron pens for inking, BLACK, preferably with a brush pen included
- Synthetic watercolor brush, round size 6
- Bottle of Higgins India ink
- White-out or white acrylic paint for corrections
- Kneaded eraser
- Ruler – 24”
- Any other materials you feel comfortable with
- Any coloring media if you desire to have your cartoons in color (markers or watercolors suggested)