Fine Art Acrylics (Ages 18+)
In this critique based class student’s artwork and ideas will be shared freely. Each class begins and ends with a group critique session. In between group sessions students work at individual stations at their own pace. Each student will receive one-on-one guidance from the instructor. Inspiration comes through sharing ideas, the stimulating critiques and challenging assignments. Lecture/demos cover areas such as composition, form, color and contrast.
NO CLASS 2/24 OR 3/16. Special 4 class session. The price is adjusted accordingly.
This is a critique based class where the evaluation of your and your fellow students’ paintings form the basis for instruction. Beginners are welcome and will be in a class with mixed skill levels. If you have questions please call 239-939-2787 and ask for Brandi.
Paints – The quality of your paint may be the most important key to your success. Please don’t waste money on student or craft grade paint.
Recommended: Liquitex Fine Art Acrylic Heavy Body or Golden Acrylics
You only need 5 colors:
• Ultramarine Blue
• Pthalo Blue (green shade)
• Cad yellow light
• Quinacradone magenta
• Napthol Crimson
• Titanium White
• Assorted China bristle brushes including filbert #10 and #12
• 1” to 2” cheap painter’s brushes (found in hardware dept.)
• Bristol paper
• Bristol board
• Panels, etc.
• If you use papers you will need some kind of board or cardboard and clips
• Roll of refrigerator/wax paper for palette
• White masking tape
• Various pens, pencils, charcoal, drawing tools
• Optional: notebook for taking notes