- This event has passed.
Fine Art Acrylics (Ages 18+)
In this critique based class student’s artwork and ideas will be shared freely. Each class begins and ends with a group critique session. In between group sessions students work at individual stations at their own pace. Each student will receive one-on-one guidance from the instructor. Inspiration comes through sharing ideas, the stimulating critiques and challenging assignments. Lecture/demos cover areas such as composition, form, color and contrast.
Paints – The quality of your paint may be the most important key to your success. Please don’t wast money on student or craft grade paint.
Recommended: Liquitex Fine Art Acrylic Heavy Body or Golden Acrylics
- Ultramarine Blue
- Pthalo Blue (green shade)
- Cad yellow light
- Quinacradone magenta
- Napthol Crimson
- Titanium White
- Assorted bristle brushes including filbert #10 and #12
- 1” to 2” cheap painter’s brushes (found in hardware dept.)
- Bristol paper
- Bristol board
- Panels, etc.
- If you use papers you will need some kind of board or cardboard and clips
- Roll of refrigerator/wax paper for palette
- Masking tape (avoid blue)
- Various pens, pencils, charcoal, drawing tools
- Optional: notebook for taking notes