Fine Art Acrylics (Ages 18+)
In this critique based class student’s artwork and ideas will be shared freely. Each class begins and ends with a group critique session. In between group sessions students work at individual stations at their own pace. Each student will receive one-on-one guidance from the instructor. Inspiration comes through sharing ideas, the stimulating critiques and challenging assignments. Lecture/demos cover areas such as composition, form, color and contrast.
Paints – The quality of your paint may be the most important key to your success. Please don’t waste money on student or craft grade paint.
Recommended: Liquitex Fine Art Acrylic Heavy Body or Golden Acrylics
You only need 5 colors:
• Ultramarine Blue
• Pthalo Blue (green shade)
• Cad yellow light
• Quinacradone magenta
• Napthol Crimson
• Titanium White
• Assorted China bristle brushes
• 1” to 2” cheap painter’s brushes (found in hardware dept.)
• Watercolor paper, 140# is fine
• Bristol board
• Panels, etc.
• If you use papers you will need some kind of board or cardboard and clips
• Roll of refrigerator paper for palette
• Blue tape
• Various pens, pencils, charcoal, drawing tools
• Optional: notebook for taking notes