- This event has passed.
Fridays with Francesco – Drapery (Ages 18+)
Join Francesco on the second Friday of each month for a workshop on different aspects of figure drawing. These workshops are designed to give beginners a way to understand and learn how to draw and intermediate to advanced students a way to improve their drawing.
In this workshop students will learn how to simplify and construct different types of drapery from simple yet characteristic shapes and forms. Francesco will provide many drawing demonstrations as an effective tool for student composition. After understanding the basic design of drapery students will draw from Leonardo de Vinci’s drapery study in which the fabrics move and wrap around the figure. The parallel between drapery and skin folds will be explored. Students will draw from a draped live model for the last two hours of the workshop. Instruction and practice will concentrate on shading and sfumato, both essential to making a convincing drapery drawing.
$5 to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference.
Francesco’s one on one assistance and feedback ensure beginner students understanding and keeps advanced and returning students engaged and challenged.
- 1 charcoal pencil 2B, suggested General’s Charcoal 557-2B med. ($2)
- 1 pad charcoal paper 14×11 or bigger
- Available from instructor 14×11 70 sheets 80lb pad ($10)
- Newsprint paper
- 1 White plastic eraser ($2)
- 1 Kneaded eraser ($2)
- 1 Loew-Cornell Sandpaper Block ($3)
- Blending stumps assorted sizes 4 pc. ($2)
- An Exacto knife with #11 blade ($5)
- Drawing materials are also available directly from Francesco at listed price (cash only)
- $5 to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference
- No oils, solvent or fixatives are allowed in the class.