Fridays with Francesco (Ages 18+)
Join Francesco on the second Friday of each month for a workshop on different aspects of figure drawing. These workshops are designed to give beginners a way to understand and learn how to draw and intermediate to advanced students a way to improve their drawing, focusing on the human figure. Francesco will share basics on materials. He will then cover anatomy, structure, and gesture; core shadows, sighting, and clock angles. This class will include lessons from photographic reference and a live nude male model. $5 to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference.
Francesco’s one on one assistance and feedback ensure beginner students understanding and keeps advanced and returning students engaged and challenged.
Bring a bag lunch.
- 1 charcoal pencil 2B, suggested General’s Charcoal 557-2B med. ($2)
- 1 pad charcoal paper 14×11 or bigger
- Available from instructor 14×11 70 sheets 80lb pad ($10)
- 1 White plastic eraser ($2)
- 1 Kneaded eraser ($2)
- 1 Loew-Cornell Sandpaper Block ($3)
- Blending stumps assorted sizes 4 pc. ($2)
- An Exacto knife with #11 blade ($5)
- Drawing materials are also available directly from Francesco at listed price (cash only)
- $5 to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference
- No oils, solvent or fixatives are allowed in the class.