- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Oil Painting – Follow the Masters (Ages 16+)
This class is designed to give beginners and intermediate students a way to understand how to handle the medium of oil paint and how to mix color effectively. Students will work with painting from old Masters like Gainsborough, Rembrandt, and Zorn. Francesco will paint along with students and provide one on one assistance and feedback. The course will start with value studies in black and white paint and move on to muted color studies with a limited palette: black, white, yellow ochre, and cadmium red. Finally, instruction will move on to the complex concept of Color Theory with a step by step creation of the color wheel and culminate with a full color range color study using primary colors. $5 Supply fee to be paid directly to the instructor.
- Odorless mineral spirits
- Brush cleaning container (glass or metal with a tight lid)
- Linseed oil
- Palette to mix colors
- Five 9×12” or comparable size canvas board, gessoed board, or primed canvas
- One roll of paper towels and a small garbage bag
- Oil paint in the following colors:
- Titanium white
- Ivory black
- Cadmium yellow
- Hansa yellow medium
- Alizarin crimson
- Cadmium red
- Ultramarine blue
- Phthalo blue
- Three Interlocking Hog Bristle Round brushes in the following sizes
- One in size 1
- One in size 2
- One in size 3
- Any brush size and style you like or have
NO class 11/22 but still a 4 class session.