Introduction to Drawing the Figure (Ages 18+)
In this workshop for beginning to intermediate artists, students will be taught a way to understand and learn to draw, focusing on the human figure. Topics will include an introduction to gesture and structural drawing, essential forms to construct the figure, cross contour lines and landmarks to help give the figure volume and perspective, volumes and foreshortening, core shadows versus cast shadows, sighting and clock angles, weight distribution, and an understanding of anatomy. DON’T let all of that technical talk scare you; instead, join Francesco’s workshop so you will understand it all! In this workshop students will work from both a live, nude model and photographic reference.
Francesco’s one on one assistance and feedback ensures beginning student’s understanding and keeps returning students engaged and challenged.
A $10 supply fee is to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference materials.
- 1 charcoal pencil 2B, suggested General’s Charcoal 557-2B med.
- 1 White plastic eraser
- 1 Kneaded eraser (2)
- 1 Loew-Cornell Sandpaper Block
- 1 Newspring paper block
- Blending stumps assorted sizes 4 pc.
- An Exacto knife with #11 blade ($5)
- Drawing materials are also available (if needed) from Francesco
- No oils, solvent or fixatives are allowed in the class.
- $10 to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference materials.