Oil Painting Foundations Workshop (Ages 16+)
In this workshop beginning to intermediate artists alike will learn about colors and the proper way to mix them, come to understand the concept of value vs. color, how to distinguish and recreate a hue, and how to blend colors together on the canvas. By working with these simple concepts students will begin to build the skills needed for dealing with more complex subjects such as landscape paintings.
Francesco’s one on one assistance and feedback ensures beginning student’s understanding and keeps intermediate students engaged and challenged.
A $10 supply fee is to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference materials.
ALL supplies can be rented from Francesco for $20. This includes receiving and keeping the 3 canvas boards. If you choose to rent from Francesco please contact him directly and PRIOR to Feb. 26 @ email@example.com.
- Palette to mix colors
- 3 canvas boards: 9×12” or comparable size
- Odorless mineral spirits and a sealed container
- Paint: Oil Colors or Golden Open Acrylics in the following colors
- Titanium White
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Red (fire engine red)
- Cadmium Yellow Dard (sunset yellow)
- Hansa Yellow Opaque (lemon yellso)
- Ultramarine Blue
- Prussian Blue OR Phthalo Blue
- 3 interlocking Hog Bristle Round brushes – size 1, 2 & 3
- Whatever other brushes you have (filbert, flat, fan)
- Paper towels
- No oils, solvent or fixatives are allowed in the class.
- $10 to be paid directly to the instructor for photographic reference materials.