- This event has passed.
Realistic Seasonal Watercolor Landscapes (Ages 13+)
One of the most important elements of a captivating landscape is realistic trees, shrubs, and seasonal foliage. This session will focus on mastering the techniques to produce convincing lush greenery, bare branches, and flowering plants in landscape settings. Attention will be paid to color mixing to achieve seasonal hues. Perspective principles will be reviewed and students will paint several examples of basic foliage prior to completing three 5×7 seasonal painting. Students may add a simple structural element and sky if desired. Participation in the Watercolor Made Easy – Textures and/or Watercolor Skies workshop(s) would be helpful.
- Medium size flat or wash brush
- Small flat brush
- Small and large rounds
Suggested Paints or Equivalent:
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Red
- New Gamboge or Yellow Ochre
- Lemon Yellow
- French Ultramarine Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Optional: Payne’s Grey, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna
- 3 pieces of 200, or 300lb cold pressed watercolor paper
- Lighter weight paper should be stretched prior to workshop.
- Paper is available from instructor with prior notice
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Soft pencil for sketching
- Kneaded eraser
- Ruler (optional)
- Palette for mixing paint