- This event has passed.
Realistic Watercolor – Skies Made Easy (ages 13+)
Painting realistic skies can be intimidating, even for the most experienced watercolor painter. Learn the secrets to capturing bright sunshine and clouds, stormy skies and brilliant sunsets. You will complete small paintings using each of these types of skies and adding a simple landscape that complements the sky’s atmospheric theme. After this workshop you will never again be afraid to paint an eye-catching realistic looking sky!
- Medium size flat or wash brush
- Small flat brush
- Small and large rounds
Suggested Paints or Equivalent:
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Red
- New Gamboge or Yellow Ochre
- Lemon Yellow
- French Ultramarine Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Optional: Payne’s Grey, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna
- 3 sheets of 9×11”; 140, 200, or 300lb cold pressed watercolor paper
- Lighter weight paper should be stretched prior to workshop.
- Paper is available from instructor with prior notice
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Soft pencil for sketching
- Kneaded eraser
- Ruler (optional)
- Palette for mixing paint