- This event has passed.
Still Life Workshop with Elio Camacho (Ages 16+)
As a painting instructor, my mission is to provide students with the foundation necessary to be creative. My goal is to assist students in capturing the particular mood of the moment and to express themselves in a bold and colorful way, while capturing the beauty and spontaneity of nature. My workshops are very hands-on, with an emphasis on demonstrations, easel-side critiques and class critiques. I believe that giving instruction is important, but showing students how this instruction applies to their individual work is crucial. Based on the student’s level and goals, I develop a program for improving each individual’s ability as a painter to capture harmony and emotion color offers.
Elio’s colorful approach to painting and his sunny disposition are guaranteed to inspire. In his words: “Each time I paint my goal is to capture the particular mood of the moment and to express myself in a bold and colorful way and while capturing the beauty and spontaneity of nature.” Putting passion and emotion into a painting is far more important than just making a copy of your subject. If you have similar goals and want to learn to fill your canvases with color and boldness then this class may be for you. Depending on your level and goals we will try to develop a program for improving your ability as a painter.”
- Utrecht #10 & #12 Brights.
- #4 and #6
- Avoid synthetic or sable for plein air painting
- (If beginner) 8×10” canvas boards
- Canvas of your choice
- Cover the canvas with grey gesso
- Classic Artist Oils (Elio’s paint of choice)
- Experienced painters – bring what you have and like to use
- Beginners: titanium white, cadmium yellow medium, yellow ochre, hansa yellow orange (optional), cadmium orange (optional), cadmium red, quinacridone red, cobalt blue (optional), ultramarine blue, phthalo blue, sap green, phthalo green, Mars black
- Choose one from the list: French Box Easel, Soltek, Take-it Easel, Prochad Box
- Baby oil or thinner
- Paper towels
- Garbage bag
- Painting knife
- Tin can for brushes