- This event has passed.
Summer Special – Fine Art Acrylics (Ages 18+)
Due to popular demand we have added a Summer Special Fine Art Acrylics class with instructor Paula Eckerty! This class will meet for 6 sessions over an 8 week period accommodating the Memorial Day holiday in the instructor’s schedule. Paula will share insights and inspiration she currently gained while attending workshops abroad. (NO CLASS May 28 or June 11.)
In this critique based class student’s artwork and ideas will be shared freely. Each class begins and ends with a group critique session. In between group sessions, students work at individual stations at their own pace. Each student will receive one-on-one guidance from the instructor. Inspiration comes through sharing ideas, the stimulating critiques and challenging assignments. Lecture/demos cover areas such as composition, form, color and contrast.
Paints – The quality of your paint may be the most important key to your success. Please don’t wast money on student or craft grade paint.
Recommended: Liquitex Fine Art Acrylic Heavy Body or Golden Acrylics
You only need 5 colors:
- Ultramarine Blue
- Pthalo Blue (green shade)
- Cad yellow light
- Quinacradone magenta
- Napthol Crimson
- Titanium White
- Assorted China bristle brushes
- 1” to 2” cheap painter’s brushes (found in hardware dept.)
- Watercolor paper, 140# is fine
- Bristol board
- Panels, etc.
- If you use papers you will need some kind of board or cardboard and clips
- Roll of refrigerator paper for palette
- Blue tape
- Various pens, pencils, charcoal, drawing tools
- Optional: notebook for taking notes